Asus Rog Rapture Gt Ac5300 Router Setup
- Use a wired connection when setting up your wireless router to avoid possible setup problems.
- Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, do the following:
- If you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it from your network.
- Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem setup. If your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
- Reboot your cable modem and computer (recommended)
NOTE: You can use either a straight-through cable or a crossover cable for wired connection.
To set up your wireless router via wired connection:
- Plug your router into a power outlet and power it on. Connect the network cable from your computer to a LAN port on your router.
2. The web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com
3. Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access.
To set up your wireless router via wireless connection:
- Plug your router into a power outlet and power it on.
2. Connect to the network name(SSID) shown on the product label on the back side of the router. For better network security, change to a unique SSID and assign a password.
3. Once connected, the web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com.
4. Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access.
- For details on connecting to a wireless network, refer to the WLAN adapter’s user manual.
- To set up the security settings for your network, refer to the section Setting up the wireless security settings in Chapter 3 of this user manual.
Quick Internet Setup (QIS) with Auto- detection
The Quick Internet Setup (QIS) function guides you in quickly setting up your Internet connection
NOTE: When setting the Internet connection for the first time, press the Reset button on your wireless router to reset it to its factory default settings.
To use QIS with auto-detection:
- Launch a web browser. You will be redirected to the ASUS Setup Wizard (Quick Internet Setup). If not, key in http://router.asus.com manually.
- On the Login Information Setup page, change the router’s login password to prevent unauthorized access to your wireless router.
NOTE: The wireless router’s login username and password is different from the 2.4GHz/5GHz network name (SSID) and security key. The wireless router’s login username and password allows you to log into your wireless router’s Web GUI to configure your wireless router’s settings. The 2.4GHz/5GHz network name (SSID) and security key allows Wi-Fi devices to log in and connect to your 2.4GHz/5GHz network.
3. The wireless router automatically detects if your ISP connection type is Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP. Key in the necessary information for your ISP connection type.
IMPORTANT! Obtain the necessary information from your ISP about the Internet connection type.
for Automatic IP (DHCP)
for PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP
- The auto-detection of your ISP connection type takes place when you configure the wireless router for the first time or when your wireless router is reset to its default settings.
- If QIS failed to detect your Internet connection type, click Skip to manual setting and manually configure your connection settings.
4. Assign the wireless network name (SSID) and security key for your 2.4GHz and 5 GHz wireless connection. Click Apply when done.
5. Read the feature introduction for GT-AC5300, especially the Game IPS to get more information. We highly recommendthat you enable the Game IPS at the first time to improve the security.
6. Your wireless settings display on the screen. Click Next to go to ROG Gaming Center.
Connecting to your wireless network
After setting up your wireless router via QIS, you can connect your computer or other smart devices to your wireless network.
To connect to your network:
- On your computer, click the network icon in the notification area to display the available wireless networks.
- Select the wireless network that you want to connect to, then click Connect.
- You may need to key in the network security key for a secured wireless network, then click OK.
- Wait while your computer establishes connection to the wireless network successfully. The connection status is displayed and the network icon displays the connected status.
- Refer to the next chapters for more details on configuring your wireless network’s settings.
- Refer to your device’s user manual for more details on connecting it to your wireless network.