Asus GT-AC2900 Gaming Router Setup
- Use a wired connection when setting up your wireless router to avoid possible setup problems.
- Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, do the following:
- If you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it from your network.
- Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem setup. If your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
- Reboot your cable modem and computer (recommended).
NOTE: You can use either a straight-through cable or a crossover cable for wired connection.
To set up your wireless router via wired connection:
- Plug your router into a power outlet and power it on. Connect the network cable from your computer to a LAN port on your router.
2. The web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com
3. Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access
To set up your wireless router via wireless connection:
- Plug your router into a power outlet and power it on.
2. Connect to the network name(SSID) shown on the product label on the back side of the router. For better network security, change to a unique SSID and assign a password.
3. Once connected, the web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com.
4. Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access
Quick Internet Setup (QIS) with Autodetection
The Quick Internet Setup (QIS) function guides you in quickly setting up your Internet connection.
To use QIS with auto-detection:
- Launch a web browser. You will be redirected to the ASUS Setup Wizard (Quick Internet Setup). If not, key in http://router.asus.com manually.
2. The wireless router automatically detects if your ISP connection type is Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP. Key in the necessary information for your ISP connection type.
3. Assign the wireless network name (SSID) and security key for your 2.4GHz and 5 GHz wireless connection. Click Apply when done.
4. Choose preferred function of the Boost key.
- Aura Shuffle: Allows you to change your Aura lighting effects by pressing the Boost Key
- DFS channel on/off: Utilizes additional 5GHz channels providing greater bandwidth with less interference
- GeForce NOW on/off: Prioritizes GeForce Now gaming devices.
- Game Boost enable/disable: Prioritizes the gaming packet.
5. On the Login Information Setup page, change the router’s login password to prevent unauthorized access to your wireless router
Connecting to your wireless network
After setting up your wireless router via QIS, you can connect your computer or other smart devices to your wireless network.
To connect to your network:
- On your computer, click the network icon in the notification area to display the available wireless networks.
- Select the wireless network that you want to connect to, then click Connect.
- You may need to key in the network security key for a secured wireless network, then click OK.
- Wait while your computer establishes connection to the wireless network successfully. The connection status is displayed and the network icon displays the connected status.
- Refer to the next chapters for more details on configuring your wireless network’s settings.
- Refer to your device’s user manual for more details on connecting it to your wireless network.