Asus Ac5300 Router Setup
• Use a wired connection when setting up your wireless router to avoid possible setup problems.
• Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, do the following:
• If you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it from your network.
• Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem setup. If your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
• Reboot your cable modem and computer (recommended).
To set up your wireless router via wired connection:
- Plug your router into a power outlet and power it on. Connect the network cable from your computer to a LAN port on your router
2. The web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com
3. Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access.
To set up your wireless router via wireless connection:
- Plug your router into a power outlet and power it on
2. Connect to the network name(SSID) shown on the product label on the back side of the router. For better network security, change to a unique SSID and assign a password.
3. Once connected, the web GUI launches automatically when you open a web browser. If it does not auto-launch, enter http://router.asus.com.
4. Set up a password for your router to prevent unauthorized access.
Quick Internet Setup (QIS) with Autodetection
The Quick Internet Setup (QIS) function guides you in quickly setting up your Internet connection.
To use QIS with auto-detection:
- Launch a web browser. You will be redirected to the ASUS Setup Wizard (Quick Internet Setup). If not, key in http://router.asus.com manually.
- On the Login Information Setup page, change the router’s login password to prevent unauthorized access to your wireless router.
3. The wireless router automatically detects if your ISP connection type is Dynamic IP, PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP. Key in the necessary information for your ISP connection type
IMPORTANT: Obtain the necessary information from your ISP about the Internet connection type.
for Automatic IP (DHCP)
for PPPoE, PPTP and L2TP
4. Assign the wireless network name (SSID) and security key for your 2.4GHz and 5 GHz wireless connection. Click Apply when done.
5. Read the feature introduction for GT-AC5300, especially the Game IPS to get more information. We highly recommendthat you enable the Game IPS at the fi rst time to improve the security.
6. Your wireless settings display on the screen. Click Next to go to ROG Gaming Center.
Connecting to your wireless network
After setting up your wireless router via QIS, you can connect your computer or other smart devices to your wireless network.
To connect to your network:
- On your computer, click the network icon in the notification area to display the available wireless networks.
- Select the wireless network that you want to connect to, then click Connect.
- You may need to key in the network security key for a secured wireless network, then click OK
- Wait while your computer establishes connection to the wireless network successfully. The connection status is displayed and the network icon displays the connected status.